Friday, March 30, 2007

Ouch! That hurt......

Well.......I thought I was done. Clown number two was delivered over a week ago, to the Reds, and I figured I'd be spending my time the next few weeks preparing to paint a large public art mural. But apparently the Spring Break crowd thought I needed more work, as you can see in the photo. Dunkeroo was ummm....beaten up, last weekend, over at the Broken Egg Restaurant on Siesta Key. This is what's left. His head and basketball are gone, he's been ripped from his base and has breaks and cracks everywhere. Thank you, Sarasota.
Can you tell I'm pissed? But I'm not surprised.....

And I should not outright blame the Spring Break crowd for this since I really don't know who was responsible. For all I know, it could have been some little old lady that had it in for Dick. Or clowns. Or basketballs. Or maybe it was one of those unfortunate individuals that spoke out so strongly against using the clown figures in the first place....you remember, don't you? That so-called artist that does portraits and thinks way too highly of himself....or...or....that interior designer that hates clowns but paints everything an ugly lime green....or..or...the former psychotherapist that thought.....well...nevermind. Who cares what she thinks? Right? So I take it all back.....I shouldn't lower myself to their level. Certainly, everyone is entitled to their opinions....including me. So there.....I take it back......kinda.....sorta.

On a more positive note, I've gathered all the king's horses and all the king's men and we're planning on putting Dunkeroo back together again. Um.....that little bit of prose is aimed squarely at my sister, Cindy. She knows why. Sick sense of humor. Who knew?

Anyway, the king's men delivered the pieces to me this morning. The horses took me to The Resource Factory, where Matt (I think it was Matt) allowed me to borrow the original mold for a new head and then it was on to Fiberglass Services, Inc for Dunkeroo's brains (casting resin). Whew....

This will be more of a job than I thought.....he should be in a body cast for months considering all his breaks. But I only have a week or so.....stay tuned.

And here's hoping that Dunkeroo's enemies ultimately suffer the same fate as he.....not that I wish ill will on anyone....or anything like that:-)

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So - does this make you the owner of a "head shop" now?

10:48 PM  
Blogger lois said...

skip,
you should become a "stand up comedian"---you are the best at whatever you do. while speaking about how well you do everything,now i ask, when will you "do" my cabinets?
hugs,
lois

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home