Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Yes....I'm practicing

For those of you that don't know, I've maintained a studio in the Towles Court Arts District for about 9 years now. For the first four and a half years, I rented a studio in the Art Center above the resaurant (now called Lavanda). We then purchased a property here and now my studio is right outside my back door.

We, Towles Court, have gallery walks on the third Friday of every month. You pretty much don't want to be around me that day.....it means that I have to turn my studio, which I just spent the last 29 days or so destroying (working in) and I now have to make it look like a somewhat presentable gallery. Fat chance:-) I do my best and truth be told, it seems that many of the visitors really like that they actually are able to check out a real live studio, a rarity around here anymore. Still......I wouldn't mind having it both ways....a big, beautiful, CLEAN, gallery in front of a big beautiful messy studio. I'm working on it....

All of this is a long, roundabout way of posting a photo that might give some readers a better idea of who I am. See.....we have these gallery walks. And by far, the one question I'm asked more than any other is...."Hey....are you the guy that........."

The question comes about 45 seconds after viewing a large photo of the Crisp Building mural I painted back in 2000. So below is the aforementioned photo, taken before the mural was messed up. But that's another story..... The photo is below. For more on that mural and how I painted it, go to my Emurals.com website.

Painterskip


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home