Friday, January 07, 2011

Class is now, I mean...soon, in session

I have decided to open the studio and teach a few classes.  As of this writing, one is scheduled and that is a one day floor cloth class on Saturday, January 15th from 9am to 4pm.  I'll also open the studio for finishing the following Sunday morning for several hours if needed.

The class will paint a 30" x 48" (approx.) canvas floor cloth and the cool thing is that they will have a choice of designs to paint....not everyone has to paint the same design. So far I have three designs ready and am working on several more. Here are the particulars...

Date:  Saturday, January 15, 2011
Time: 9am to 4pm  (plus Sunday morning if needed)
Include in the price is your canvas, paints, you can use my brushes, tape to hem the edges, varnish for when you're done and each person receives one of my floor cloth design packets to keep, which is the design printed on special transfer paper that can be used again.
Lunch is included as are morning snacks! WooHoo!

Price is $160.00 per person in advance. Reservations are required. I don't have a ton of room here so it'll be umm.....cozy:-) Although, several months ago I hosted the IDAL folks and we had 13 people in here, each working on a 20" x  28" painting. Worked great.



Below are some of the designs I have ready. I'll post more soon on my website.

I'm also planning on mural painting classes, one in which I'll partner with good friend and talented muralist Abby Kent. Additionally, I'm offering Photoshop classes but that's limited to two people at a time and we'll also be offering Beginner's glass fusing classes.
Email or call for more info....

This design is for the cat lovers...a stained glass look

The image above shows one of my floor cloth packets and the finished product.

A somewhat simple, yet classy design. Good one for adding a bit of Trompe L'oeil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home